Saturday, December 09, 2006

Apologia: LOST in the LSAT, an LSAT on LOST

It would be a gross oversimplification to attribute my failure to blog to merely two causes, but, since most people live there lives in simple-minded bliss, I fear no man's judgement. I blame LOST and the LSAT.

LOST is the popular ABC serial. I was sucked into the vortex of cliff-hangers and flashbacks becasue of my wife. I was innocently reading next to her one evening and was curious about the crashing of trees and her gasps (Augustine tells a similar story about a friend of his and gladitorial shows). The next thing I knew I was watching three DVDs from Season Two while my wife was out of town. Things got bad: I began seeing life in terms of survival, "the Others," and pushing the metaphorical button. If you don't know what I'm talking about then consider yourself fortunate.

LSAT is the test that determines whether law schools want you or not. It has a diabolical section referred to as the "games" portion. It's the same kind of game that man-hunting is: a bewildered fool is thrown disoriented into the wild and has 35 minutes to escape his fate. The jungle got the best of me the first time; I returned, though, wiser and eager to slay it.

No comments: