Thursday, August 03, 2006

Labor Me Vocat

I remember this sentence from my early days in Wheelock's Latin. It translates (roughly) to I have to go back to work.

I'm not dreading it, though. Today is the Great Hearts Summit. That means that the teachers in the Great Hearts Network get together for a lecture, lunch, and seminars. I get to lead a seminar on Aristotle (excerpts from the Physics, to be more exact).

How could I be depressed about going back to work with Aristotle there to comfort me?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not as bad as the saying "I have to go back to school." hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Um... do you really want me to answer that? I'm glad for your optimism, though.

Alishia said...

Did we not read Physics in that one book club? The book club to end all book clubs? The one that started it all? Or did we read his Psychics?

Hansonius said...

I think we read Plato, not Aristotle.

Anonymous said...

Come to my teat of distinctions, and succour ye shall find -

Anonymous said...

I'm not in your class! T_______T

Hansonius said...

That just means you have....The Fink.