Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Where I Am and What I'm Up To

I feel that I should explain where I am for those of you who might not know. I am in Galway, Ireland. I am staying at a place called Corrib Village. It is an undergraduate housing facility for the university here. It is located just outside of the old district of Galway. I have my own room but am sharing a suite with 3 other people: Mary, Diane, and Tom. We are a jovial crew.

What do I do here? I get up around 8:00 AM. I go to a three hour class from 9:00 to noon. It is seminar style and we usually discuss some of Yeats's plays and poems or secondary sources concerning his life and times. I have the afternoon free unless there is a field trip. Dinner is either made here at the suite or taken out in Galway. I have been here since Saturday and I have had the equivalent of 5 pints of Guinness.

Here is a photo of portions of the jovial crew:

That's what you need to imagine my whereabouts and shenanigans.

No comments: