Friday, July 07, 2006

I Have Overcome

I have solved my picture problems. I won't burden you with details. I'll merely show you myself hard at work making lemonade from lemons.You can, of course, see that the reference to lemons is metaphorical.

The room I'm in the photo above is the common area of our suite. The kitchen is situated behind the camera. Here is my room:I made certain that there were no unmentionables in view (which includes a copy of "The Poems and Prose of Shelley"). Some (i.e. my wife) would call such a scene 'messy.' I prefer to think of it as 'inspired.' The bed is made because someone from Corrib Village comes in and does that for all the guests. It instantiates a quote that was much beloved by Yeats: "As for living, our servants shall do that for us." Living, tidying the bed...same thing.

Please check back later for more pictures. Now I must prepare to enter Galway to attend a poetry reading. Musa me vocat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When they make your bed, do they take the clothes off and then put them back on in an inspired way? I know I'm inspired to write a perfectly metrical sonnet!

Hansonius said...

No, the clothes on the bed are my own personal touch. I'm glad to see that you draw inspiration from the scene. E-mail me the sonnet when it is finished.