Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Iter Hansonianum

I was dropped off at the airport in Phoenix about 7:00 AM, expecting a flight at 8:00 AM. Evidently Continental discontinued it's 8:00 AM flight to Newark some time ago. I was notified this morning at 7:15. So here's a picture from the Cleveland airport at 11:30 Phoenix time. I took this one because the white-haired man reminded me of a teacher at my school. Sullivan?I eventually arrived in Newark at 2:22 PM Phoenix time. I was just in time to make the 6:15 shuttle, except that the plane was unable to dock. So here's me waiting for the 7:15 shuttle.I won't go into details. When I open my shuttle service between Ridgewood and Newark, though, I'm going to print "Ridgewood" in really big letters on the van and ask my drivers to call out, "Anyone for Ridgewood? Ridgewood anybody?" Here's me waiting for the 8:15 shuttle.Once in Ridgewood I was told that I should take a cab. I was not told I should take a cab with a driver who knew where we were going. One assumes certain things in one's cab drivers. So here's Tony Soprano, Jr. looking at his map:He drove fast and changed the radio in ten second intervals. The road to the retreat house was windy. The cab cost $40.00. I was glad that I had my own:At the time of this blog I have availed myself of the shower and am looking forward to plopping down in one of these:This retreat house is great. It's run by an order of only-children or something. I get my own room, my own shower, and my own bed. I share nothing here. And everyone brought their computers!I'll have to see if these folks can handle Hansonian principles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Sullivan has a second life. I KNEW IT.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Sullivan has as many lives as he likes. And he can do anything. He's like a cat. ...only cooler.

Anonymous said...

look at the screen behing "mr. sullivan's" head!! It reads WORK HARD...

Hansonius said...

Another argument for his cat-like nature: he never comes when you call him.